Stop rejection due to bad dates

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Dec 17 23:33:52 UTC 2020

Hi Jeffery,

> I am getting a lot of spam, apparently with badly
> formed date headers which the news system sees as being in the
> future.  In my mailagent logs I typically see these entries:
>
> WARNING Date field is 5h18m23s in the future
>
> Now, I'm assuming that it is the bad date causing the rejection.

You should make sure the rejection is really caused by that field.
The reason is written in your news log files.

As a matter of fact, INN rejects articles posted 24h in the future, as
required by standards.  It does not reject an article posted 5h in the
future.

> Is there a simple
> rule I can use for inn2 to instruct it to simply ignore these types of
> errors and go ahead and post anyway?

That rule cannot be configured to be skipped.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Nous voyageons plus vite que la lumière !
   – Alors comment y voir clair dans tout ça ? » (Astérix)