ovsqlite

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Dec 22 22:41:31 UTC 2020

Hi Bo,
>> I think the issue comes from the fact that the fr.rec.photo.numerique newsgroup no longer exists.  Yet, one of the newsgroup it was crossposted to still exists.
>
> Looking at the add methods of the other overview methods, they all seem
> to handle unknown groups by silently returning success, which I hadn't
> noticed
> before.  Is there a document that I missed which describes the expected
> semantics of overview methods?  Should the add method handle duplicate
> groupname:artnum entries by replacing rather than failing?
>
> Patch: make the add method return success in case of an unknown group.

Oh, thanks for the patch.  That's perfect!
I've rebuilt my overview, and only got 2 write errors from makehistory
(both of them were duplicate overview entries, for a reason I do not
know, and the article is correctly present in ovsqlite).
The 28 other write errors I had no longer show up.

As for the crosspost example to an unknown group:
Before:

350|5350|5827|384|0|0|fr.rec.son-image.video.materiel|y
select * from artinfo where artnum=4634 and groupid=350;
=> no article

Now::

350|4634|5827|388|0|0|fr.rec.son-image.video.materiel|y
select * from artinfo where artnum=4634 and groupid=350;
=> found

Thanks Bo for your fast patch and having made it work perfectly.

I'll report tomorrow the result of the expiry process.

Regarding your questions, I'm only aware of this one you probably
already know, and too high-level for what you are looking:
   https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/libstorage.html

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il ne faut jamais pleurer d'avoir perdu la lune car les larmes
   empêchent de voir les étoiles. »