ovsqlite

Bo Lindbergh 2bfjdsla52kztwejndzdstsxl9athp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 21:54:35 UTC 2020

Quoth Julien ÉLIE <julien at trigofacile.com>:

> "Robust and faster at reading ranges of overview data, but somewhat slower at writing" would be a better description?

Good enough.

> I kept the default of 10,000 transactions.  Anyway, my news server receives far less articles than this, so the time limit of 10s always applies.
> I increased it during makehistory but I'm unsure it improves speed (commits are probably faster than makehistory collecting the next bunch of overview lines to add).  Maybe that suggestion should not be kept after all?

In my makehistory tests using an external USB disk, throughput didn't
increase much for row limits above 10000.

Maybe leave the default at that and instead advise admins to adjust
the time limit according to how many articles they accept per second
during normal operation?

/Bo Lindbergh