Removal of filechan in INN 2.7.0

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Nov 20 12:55:27 UTC 2021

Hi all, and especially users of CURRENT,

I've just removed backends/filechan; it will no longer be present in
tomorrow's snapshot.
innupgrade will change calls to filechan in newsfeeds to "buffchan -u"
(unbuffered mode).  If you use filechan in local scripts, you'll have to
update the calls.

I've also added in the newsfeeds sample file an example of use:

# Example of an exploder feed.  See buffchan(8) for more details.
foo:news.*:Ap,Tm:buffchan!
uunet:*:Ap,Tm:buffchan!
buffchan!:*:Tx,WGm*:@bindir@/buffchan -f 2

It will generate files named "foo" and "uunet" in <pathoutgoing>,
containing lines like:

news.software.nntp <1643 at munnari.oz.au>
comp.sources.unix <999 at news.foo.com>

The contents of the files are defined with the "W" flag in the newsfeeds
line.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il vaut mieux un tapis persan volé qu'un tapis volant percé ! »
   (Astérix)