Openssl 3.0.0

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Sep 9 02:01:02 UTC 2021

On 09/09/2021 09:03, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Julien ÉLIE <julien at trigofacile.com> writes:
>
>> Russ, is there a reason why lib-pathname.m4 checks for /usr/lib32 or
>> /usr/lib64 only?  I suggest to also add a check for /lib32 or /lib64.
>> With the following patch, configure correctly finds
>> /home/iulius/work/openssl-3.0.0/lib64 Note that I have /lib64 but not
>> /usr/lib64 on an (old) Jessie Debian system.  Seems like newer
>> versions
>> have both.
>
> Debian does not use /lib64 paths, so it's correct to not detect this on
> Debian.  (They're explicitly forbidden by Debian Policy in favor of
> using
> multiarch.)  This seems like a bug in OpenSSL that nontheless it
> installed
> itself in <prefix>/lib64, presumably assuming the whole world is Red
> Hat.

The whole world doesnt use debian either :)

Slackware also uses such paths (lib64) etc, and sure as hell isnt a red
hat derivative

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.