RtConfig BackEnds

Hagen Boehm hboehm at brutus.NIC.DTAG.DE
Fri Aug 29 13:13:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:10:06AM +0930, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone written a Cisco XR backend for RtConfig?   We're looking at
> potentially having to integrate XR platforms and our heavy use of RtConfig
> for EBGP is a stumbling block at the moment.
>
> - MMC

if you want to produce Cisco XR prefix- and as-path-sets and wanna have 4Byte
ASN support for that, I could help out with IRReval. It's part of my IRRToolSet
version that was forked from 4.8.4. But IRReval is restricted to the production
of prefix and as-path filters and cannot do all the other things RtConfig does.

But in case you wanna give it a try:

http://www.net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~hagen/IRRToolSet/tar/IRRToolSet-4.8.4-HB2.0.tar.gz

I have to admit that it was developed on a SPARC/Solaris 9 with gcc 3.3.2 and
it was not tested with other machines and gccs.

More info about the code is available here
http://www.net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~hagen

Hope this is helpful.

best,

    Hagenn