New IRRToolSet development site

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Sep 17 21:22:39 UTC 2008

> From: Shane Kerr <Shane_Kerr at isc.org>
> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:31:10 +0200
> Sender: irrtoolset-bounce at isc.org
>
> All,
>
> As Joao announced in July, the RIPE NCC and ISC had agreed to move
> IRRToolSet development to a new site based on Trac.
>
> The site is now up and operational:
>
>   http://irrtoolset.isc.org/
>
> A number of fixes have been merged into the new Subversion repository (I
> will send a separate mail about each of these shortly).
>
> We should probably have some guidelines for some stuff:
>
>       * Who can make commits (I recommend "anyone who has contributed")
>       * How patches and releases work (I have suggestions on the site:
>         http://irrtoolset.isc.org/wiki/DevelopmentPolicies)
>
> Other than that, I think the site is ready for everyone to begin working
> directly on the code. I have worked with it over the course of
> integrating patches and I think it is pretty good.
>
> Thanks to both the RIPE NCC and ISC for their continued support of this
> project.

Wow! 11 messages in my IRRToolSet mailbox at once. It lives!

Now that the project seems to be moving again, can we roll a new release
as soon as the newly added patches have had a little time to settle? I'd
like to update the FreeBSD port soon as the one there is getting pretty
stale and I'd love to be able to do this before the end of the calender
year.

The last release (4.8.5) worked fine with the only patches to the man
pages as it folded in all of the FreeBSD patches I had fed back.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)