documentation of the GNU C++ Library code?

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Sat Jun 20 10:59:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 19:00 +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> I don't think that this code was ever part of the GNU C++ library, in the
> sense of libstdc++.  The way I've interpreted it is that it's part of the
> GNU-licensed c++ library stuff in irrtoolset, and my suspicion (which may
> be completely wrong) is that the header file was just cut-n-pasted from
> file to file without a whole lot of thought about licensing.

I guess I'm completely wrong here.  The gnug++ library referred to Doug
Lea's ancient GNU g++ library, as clearly stated in the code:

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libg++/

There's texinfo documentation contained within this distribution; a
marked-up version can be found here:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/gnu-info/libg++_toc.html

Some previous contributor to ratoolset took this library, read up on the
instructions here:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/gnu-info/libg++_7.html

... and dumped the resulting code verbatim into the ratoolset distribution.

There is useful texinfo documentation for this library contained within the
original source distribution, which can be pulled from ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libg++/

Nick