[kea-dev] RSOO bug in 0.9.1

Templin, Fred L Fred.L.Templin at boeing.com
Fri Apr 10 22:44:42 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to use the new RFC6422 Relay Supplied Options Option (RSOO) facility.
My RFC6221 relay inserts a Vendor-Specific Information Option (option #17) in the
Relay-forward message that will be sent to the kea server. The option has length
26 decimal. But, when the kea server does the RFC6422 transformation it truncates
the VSIO to only include the option header and the 4-byte enterprise number. The
VSIO is then inserted into the DHCPv6 Reply message, but loses the 22 bytes that
follow the enterprise number.

See attached for the kea log. It does not show anything about the Relay-forward
or Relay-reply messages, but does show how the server inserts the VSIO with
length 4. Please let me know if any further information is needed.

Fred Templin