[Kea-users] Headers exported by Kea build.

Ilya Kruglik ilya.kruglik at outlook.com
Thu Oct 20 12:12:13 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I'm not sure if Kea developers are following threads here, however:

We are developing hooks/callouts and I've recently figured out that Kea does not provide all the required headers.

Have a look at the src/lib/dhcp/Makefile.am:

# Specify the headers for copying into the installation directory tree. User-
# written libraries may need access to all libdhcp++ headers.
libkea_dhcp___includedir = $(pkgincludedir)/dhcp
libkea_dhcp___include_HEADERS = \

The comment above declares a quite obvious thing that user-written libraries may need access to all headers. But only 27 headers out of ~43 are listed to be installed. For instance, option6_iaaddr.h gets installed while option6_iaprefix.h does not.
According to my understanding it's a bug and Makefile.am shall be updated accordingly.
Is anybody from design here to comment?

Thanks,

 Ilya.