Releasing INN 2.6.0?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Mar 24 18:39:30 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Do you have preferences for the release planning?

For the last major release, we announced the final release of INN 2.4.6
and a RC for INN 2.5.0 at almost the same time.  Then, 3 months later,
we announced the final release of INN 2.5.0.

* Tue Mar 10 04:56:47 UTC 2009 - INN 2.5.0 release candidate available
     https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/inn-announce/2009-March/000000.html

* Tue Mar 10 20:12:49 UTC 2009 - INN 2.4.6 available
(basically the following day, if we take USA hours)
     https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/inn-announce/2009-March/000001.html

* Tue Jun 9 03:25:12 UTC 2009 - INN 2.5.0 available
     https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/inn-announce/2009-June/000002.html

Maybe we can have INN 2.5.5 and INN 2.6.0 release candidates "now" (just
the time to generate them and make them available at ftp.isc.org).
We announce only the INN 2.6.0 release candidate.

People can play with both the RC.
We'll then see for the final releases depending on the issues people are
facing, if any.  Maybe INN 2.5.5 will be ready sooner, and will be
releasable late April.
Then INN 2.6.0 late May or June, to let people time to test.

Another scenario would be to announce the INN 2.6.0 release candidate
only late April, just before the INN 2.5.5 final release.
We would then have only inn-workers testing until late April.

If someone has a clear preference or sees another better scenario,
please share it.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« On appelle ça une insula. C'est une maison où les gens habitent
   les uns au-dessus des autres… » (Astérix)